Product Designer in Portland Maine, he/him
Currently multi-variate testing my resume to see if it generates different response rates.
A digital product / UX designer with fifteen years of experience —
A meticulous combination of startup scrappiness, agency hustle, and consulting range.
Worked with top agencies and design firms on a variety of projects ranging from 2 weeks to 2 years+. Including: research, strategic analysis, information architecture, user flows, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and development. My experience designing at top design firms on projects ranging from 0-1 app design (LegalShield) to campaign strategy (Samsung) has honed my ability to quickly get up to speed and work efficiently in fast-paced environments.
Select Clients: R/GA (Samsung, Equinox) · Sapient (Starbucks) · Fluid (Hanna Andersson, Google) · Grow (Google) · Tile · Savage Bureau (Salesforce, TopCon) · Green Stone (Legal Shield, Elevations CU, SuperFly) · VSA Partners (AMA, IBM, Marvin Windows, AbbVie) · IA Collaborative (FedEx) · Said Differently (Neiman Marcus) · Together (Resource Furniture)
- Led product design and all digital efforts during a three-year tenure as the sole digital designer. Worked closely with engineering, product management, marketing, and brand teams on core-site and marketing products.
- Implemented Figma as a cross-functional platform of truth for digital design and content.
- Composed a design system/library built to adapt to an evolving brand and streamline site builds.
- A catalyst and primary lead on a re-platforming effort to a headless Shopify/Recharge tech stack.
- Successfully launched a core browse-click-buy product detail experience. Adapted and evolved all other site sections (i.e., quiz results, quiz, account management, cart, homepage) using user testing, site analytics, and A/B testing.
- Designed and launched an iOS app for TheFind, an innovative algorithmically-driven shopping experience.
- Pitched and won the redesign of the Universal Studios ticketing flow.
- Worked on the HPB website redesign.
- Clients: Chase, Universal Studios, Half Priced Books
- Led the complete redesign and repositioning of the Yummly web app from the ground up, taking it from a tech demo to a site used and loved by millions. Created the "Yum" button to become a single, branded point of interaction with recipes (save, bookmark, share).
- Launched successful campaigns for Levis/UO and created an updated version of the Zynga homepage.
- Clients: Yummly, Levis, Zynga
- Worked across the office on a roster of A+ clients on various project types (website design, marketing, apps).
- Was staff designer on core accounts (Target, Visa) for longer-term projects.
- Additionally was the "office freelancer" as I was a good collaborator/communicator and took to projects quickly.
- Clients: Target, Visa, Xbox, Cisco, Nike, and Gap
- After several months as a developer, I transitioned to a hybrid role where I did UX work (sitemap, wireframe, research) and later developed the sites.
- Clients: Genentech, Method Home, Seagate
Led Product/UX design for CS events calendar.
Led UX portion of Elevations CU redesign.
Experimentation with modern tech stack (Angular JS, Sass, Firebase auth + nosql DB) to create a simple project tracking app.
Focus on HCI & web development
Volunteer on various bike programs.