Design Systems in Manassas, VA, he/him
My passion is to empower people's lives through tech and what I build.
Currently, my day job is shepherding Design Systems at Khan Academy. Sometimes I work on fun design stuff outside the job too! Most recently, Figma has been a key in my "passion-project" time, and I co-founded the DC area "Friends of Figma" community group.
Ever end up wanting to reset your layer names, so the name reflects your text content? How about having to do that repeatedly for TONS of layers or components? 😰 It's not possible to reset them all at once, UNTIL NOW!
Speed up your workflow with this wireframe kit. If you're at an early stage of your project and trying to map out a quick rough idea of what goes where without getting into the nitty-gritty polished details—this kit is for you. Complete with components for commonly used items, UI controls, and browser windows, in addition to easy to update styles.
I was the Technical Reviewer.
Discover user experience and user interface design best practices while mastering a wide array of tools across Figma and FigJam with this full-color guide
A guide and walk-through on creating a parallax scrolling effect in Principle app
A walk-through and guide on using Sketch's constraints feature, to make reusable, responsive, and scalable data table components/symbols.
Shepherding design for Khan Academy's multi-lingual design system (named Wonder Blocks), working and communicating cross-functionally across all product teams, Branding, and Accessibility. Partnered with John Resig (creator of jQuery) on planning initiatives. Serving 20+ designers and established an internal contribution model. Serving as the in-house Figma expert to better serve our designers and engineers. I'm also an active design member and participant in our "Accessibility Guild".
Led design for their core B2B Cyber Risk product. Provided simpler solutions to complex problems with advanced technologies. I migrated the team to Figma and owned design system efforts with 300+ components for 4 products. Mentored two junior designers.
Lead UI/UX design on each product. Worked directly with CEO, Directors, product managers & developers on vision and implementation. Helped manage overseas developers with tasks and guidelines.
• Created and maintained a design system to be used between all products, devices & departments, helping significantly accelerate the delivery of new features.
• Designed UI and interactions based on user research, testing and data, of Avizia's multi-platform mobile and desktop apps, used by 1 out of 4 hospitals in the US.
• Bridged front-end devs and design to help implementation and guidance of HTML/CSS best practices, interactions and animations
• Developed and designed new company website and business cards
• Designed UI for iOS app
• Lead visual design for each core web application
• Made critical decision for development team to start using Bootstrap framework, and guiding team with using it
• Redesigned company’s core application using updated HTML(5) and CSS(3)
• Updated look and feel of company website, as well as HTML and CSS
• Improved user experience and navigation functionality to company website, to increase growth profits
• Redesigned UI/UX for the Clinical Trials Reporting Program - National Cancer Institute; Also developed front-end framework (HTML5 & CSS3)
• Redesigned UI/UX of web app for Alliance for Clinical Trials In Oncology; Also developed front-end framework
• Redesigned ‘Great American Restaurants’ websites, desktop and mobile, including all restaurants
• Designed User Experience and Interaction for company's new branded website and mobile site
• Designed and programmed front end development on multiple web pages
• Designed creative and developed front end of company's mobile site
• Implemented social media plug-ins for company's sites and pages
• Provided initial concepts for user interaction and design concepts for each project
•Interface design, creating content graphics for e-learning courses, with Section 508 Compliant standards
•Create 3D graphics and animation with 3d Studio Max
•Illustration and animation with Flash
•Researching and collecting images, color correction, touch up and image correction
•Developing style guides, templates, and identifying best practices for FSI design team
•Collaborating with other graphic designers for new ideas, improve work flow and design techniques
•Video production assistance, working with audio
Co-founded the DMV region's Figma community group. Official affiliate of Figma. We provide a place for anyone to learn about design, Figma, processes, best practices, networking and beyond. Virtually and in-person.