Product Designer in Bremen, Germany → CET, She/Her
I am a product designer with diverse experience both the startup (MOIA-Volkswagen Group) & enterprise (IBM Studio) environments with different methods and frameworks from agile, lean & design thinking.
💡 I have spent 3+ years as a product designer in end-to-end experiences for web and mobile.
❤️ I also tutor students UX/UI courses at Career Foundry.
My Skills Overview based on the Product Designer Competency Framework
Personal- iOS, Android
• Company: CareerFoundry is an online educational platform for courses to change your career & learn new skills in Tech.
• Role overview:I leverage my professional experience to ensure that the work is carried and reflects the industry standards and needs of junior designers.
Earned an instructor score of 4.9 / 5 from the graduates of my first cohort
• Guide students through UX/UI courses on a day-to-day basis • Encourage them to progress and answer UX/UI questions
• Build relationships & contribute to the success of completing the course and entering the job market
Company:Company started from University of Cambridge alums. DocMe is a health app that reads vital signs from a selfie to help people on their health journey.
The app moved from a B2C to a B2B business model after reaching its first 400+ users and pivoted the product as an SDK solution after ≈1 year of founding the company.
Role overview: For its launch in the UK, I have worked as a Lead Product Designer in a design team of 2 and a team of 15 people to deliver the mobile (Android + iOS) and SaaS Products.
Features and success metrics:
• designed the onboarding user flow for DocMe Personal improving overall activation by ≈30% (aws analytics tool)
• lead the vital signs recording feature which returned positive user feedback, described as an engaging and smooth experience of taking the vital signs measurements.
• increased in retention and engagement from users as a direct result of rolling out this feature.
• improved the app experience for DocMe Personal iOS to ratings of 4.6/5 on the App Store by leveraging user testing sessions, TestFlight sessions & integrating user flows for feedback within the live app.
• Design system: reduced design & dev back & forth time by documenting and iterating on the design system from scratch
• balanced business, technology and user goals by collaborating with the Stakeholders team, Computer Vision, Medical and Development teams alongside an external User Research partnership to prototype, ship & prioritize features • contributed and coordinated with the stakeholders team to create the product roadmap
Wore multiple hats as UX designer, UI designer, QA & creative lead;
• took ownership of the DocMe brand and helped strategically grow and steer the DocMe visual presence: created the company and product webdesign alongside the brand guidelines from web to social media channels
• managed and delegated tasks amongst teammates to help expedite workload & meet aggressive deadline.
Focuses: UX Design, UI Design, Web Design, Creative Lead, participation in Startup accelerators.
• designed the branding, marketing, SEO, website and mobile user experience for a ecommerce experience • worked across logistics set-up, marketing and web development
• delivered as part of the design & development team in sprints UI components for client's e-commerce website such as Dechathlon, France and Weidmüller, Germany
• worked interdisciplinary with product managers and engineers as part of the design & development team, applied HTML & CSS , UI Design, Design Thinking
• initiated and developed the company illustration Styleguide for this pain point within the organization
• collaborated with the head of corporate communication manager and front end development colleagues
• ensured best practices for the Styleguide and proper communication aligned with the corporate visual identity and brand
• delivered as part of the design team part of the MVP prototype for MOIA - an electric vehicle mobility service mobile app which launched in Hamburg and in November 2019 had a 4.8 rating of customer satisfaction in Google Play Store and App Store
• worked interdisciplinary with product managers and the development team, applied UI/UX Design methods
• worked within an international team as part of the design team for IBM Cloud Services at IBM Studio situated in one of the largest IBM Research & Development labs outside USA
• worked interdisciplinary with product managers, designers and engineers; applied UX, UI Design, Design Thinking methods and the IBM Design Language
• worked on the UI Styleguide within the Design System for IBM BPM (Business Process Management) SaaS solution • defined UI specifications for UI components, responsive
behaviour, UI navigation and iconography
• worked on the IBM Digital Assistant solution alongside the
IBM Cloud Services Design Team
• worked on the research & ideation product phase and
applied Design Thinking to match user pain points with design opportunities to define the product
• interviewed users, developed prototypes and wireframes, user flows
• participated in team challenges such as Design Jam, Diversity Day and Service Design Thinking Workshop in Karlsruhe Service Research Institute
• concept development and implementation of animation short videos for a training platform for diversity in the working place
• worked within the Intercultural Mannagement & Diversity Centre (Zentrum für Interkulturelles Management)
• ensured consistency in the client's corporate and promotional communication materials
• responsive web design, corporate identity design
• clients such as: UPC Broadband, First Web Internet solutions GmbH, Germany, Monsoon Group - Renewable Energy, Avocatura - Law
• design work for different projects in advertising & branding consultancy agency
Brandtailors, Lowe & Partners - Bucharest, Romania, TobyRich - Bremen, Germany