UX, Product, & User Research, he/him
Mission-driven product designer. I lean on customer development, user research, design sprints, wireframes, facilitation, and web accessibility to advocate for user's needs. My background includes working with a range of startup and enterprise teams spanning civic, green, and health tech.
Product strategy, user research, and UX design for a portfolio of data, web, and voter protection products for the DNC's remote tech team.
Product design, customer development, and design system work for early stage startup focused on hybrid healthcare. Emphasis on rapid prototyping, validating user's needs, and finding product-market fit.
Product design, user research, and design system work for early stage startup focused on digitizing the small business insurance experience.
Product design consultant for various enterprise clients:
- Apple — Redesigned and shipped part of an internal product called iForms used by employees who manage Apple’s real estate, facilities, and campuses. Emphasis on user testing, web accessibility, and leveraging the existing design system for a UI redesign. (2019-2020)
- Pacific Gas & Electric — Worked on a portfolio of internal data and machine learning products to mitigate risk from climate change and wildfires. Products used by data scientists, the climate change mitigation team, and electrical engineers employed by the utility. Emphasis on rapid prototyping, design sprints, and team facilitation. (2017-2019)
- Newgistics — Redesigned and shipped an internal product called SmartLabel+ used by US-based warehouse workers and logistics managers. Advocated for user testing and web accessibility. (2016-2017)
Shipped a greentech product called Communities+ for early stage startup that was building a marketplace for electric and water offsets.
UX Design and digital marketing for government and utility clients to promote energy efficiency programs. Clients included Ameren Missouri, Bay Area Regional Energy Network (Energy Upgrade California + BayREN.org), Energy Trust of Oregon, and Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative.
Grateful for this team because they helped me transition into the web design space.
- Burson-Marsteller — Marketing for Intel and Plantronics. (2012)
- Ogilvy — Marketing for Virgin America, Ford, and Yammer (pre-Microsoft). (2011)
Marketing and communications for Andreessen Horowitz, Yahoo!, and Jawbone.
Pro bono web designer for 2 state house campaigns in Texas and Florida.