Product Designer, Growth in Salt Lake City
Designer with 10+ yrs experience, specializing in startup growth and team management. Most recently, director of design at H1. Previously, founding designer at Mystery. Before that, senior designer at Expedia.
2021 / 3-month project
H1 was hyper-scaling after the Series B fundraise, and the Board wanted to invest in creating adjacent products. Consequently, H1's strategy team identified adjacent markets to compete in with new products Foremost, was to compete with Doximity, the 'LinkedIn for doctors.'
Specifically, the team thought to create a public-facing "Doctor Network" -- like Yelp and Zillow where public information is claimed and enriched by verified owners. This user-generated data was a big bet intended to create a data moat against our competitors.
I led the design for H1's exploratory browser extension and Explorer web app products. I implemented top-of-funnel analysis, and the fake door test to shortcut the development cycle and increase our learning velocity.
My team set out to improve H1’s low customer satisfaction (CSAT) score by redesigning H1's most heavily trafficked pages in our B2B enterprise SaaS platform.
After 4 months, we rolled out a fresh, responsive profile layout that better-showcased data, insights, and capabilities of the platform. This change resulted in a 21% increase in CSAT and played a part in retaining key clients. 🎉
Using a data-driven approach, I redesigned Mystery's native app onboarding and increased adoption by 10%.
Mystery is a Series A-funded entertainment startup that sends users on personalized adventures in their city. The best part? Customers don't know where they’re going until they get there.
2018 / 1 year project
Egencia, the B2B travel subsidiary of Expedia, helps 8 million global business travelers book and manage their trips all over the world. Competitors include Booking.com, Airbnb, Concur, and TripActions.
By executing a multi-pronged self-service strategy, our team saved the company $10M annually (7% of operating costs).
A comprehensive 5-week course to jumpstart your professional growth design knowledge, and empower you and your team to elevate to the next level of success!
Led product design, market research & sizing and after 6 months of working with Turner Construction, we decided to close shop as we the terms of the deal with Turner were not what we wanted.
- Managed global team of 5 designers
- Led team strategy, process, and recruiting
- Coached team to reach career goals
- Led x-functional effort to design chatbot
- Joined as first designer at Series A and scaled team through Series C (hired/managed total of 8 designers, including contractors)
- Led design strategy amidst hyperscale company growth
- Created DesignOps playbooks for UXR, hiring, design system, and x-functional collaboration
- Helped to launch 4 new products (both B2B and B2C), creating a product suite
- Partnered with x-functional Eng, Product leads to reach org OKRs
- Created/led UI guild to build design system, including process/governance
- Established foundational product design principles for IC excellence, including career framework
- Led design strategy and execution for seed-stage startup
- Co-led product roadmap: balancing growth, user needs, and ops efficiencies
- Rapidly iterated, tested, and pivoted product during Covid-19 pandemic
- Designed zero-to-one products for PwC's B2B applications
- Design consultant to top-tier financial firms/banks undergoing digital transformation
- Embedded with cross-functional team to produce prototypes from week-long sprints
- PMO project managed Microsoft/Nokia merger mobile device group
- Lead a community for growth designers (1500+ and growing!)
- Source interviews, edit, and create engaging growth design content
- Volunteer leader of 250+ person congregation
- Conduct weekly services
- Manage staffing
- Oversee finances/audits, organizing operations
- Lead youth program of teens 12-17 yrs old
Studied business management with an emphasis on Strategy.
The most comprehensive overview of the systems and frameworks that form the foundation of successful growth. Topics include:
- Retention and Engagement
- Growth Models
- User Psychology