Product & Design in Portland
Hi, I'm Kat. I'm a is a Techstars-backed founder and product designer specializing in 0→1 device experiences, from mobile to 10-foot UIs. My work is informed by research and analytics, guided by experience—and powered by the belief that beautiful, meaningful, and valuable products are the foundation of high-performing businesses.
For 10+ years, I've worked with companies ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune-tier enterprises. I've built products, defined brands, and solved challenges creatively before they became problems.
4G Clinical is a growth-stage company backed by Goldman Sachs, focused on improving clinical trials' speed, accuracy, and safety.
- Drove a UX study of the full portfolio of products, collaborated with engineering leadership to increase efficiency, reduce support requests, and improve onboarding.
- Introduced design thinking into organization, resulting in increased resource and cost efficiency by founding design.
- Implemented the company's first design system to unify the existing brand and products, boosting consistency and professionalism.
- Improved investor collaboration and executive leadership productivity by developing a framework for all board and shareholder communications.
Tiny Creative was an independent product design studio focused on supporting early-stage startups.
- Provided end-to-end mobile product design and management services that increased engagement and retention and product-market fit.
- Modernized shipped products with current UX/UI and accessibility practices.
- Collaborated with CEOs on pitch decks that raised over $300M.
- Founded and led a Techstars-funded startup that created a prototyping platform to help companies design, build, and ship device experiences.
- Drove our product's short-term feature development and long-term vision by establishing our roadmap and evolving feature releases.
- Interviewed 100+ designers and product teams to understand their needs and, balanced with our vision, transformed their insights into product requirements.
- Increased customer engagement and loyalty by building practical documentation and sample files to unblock issues or offer workflow support.
Led the UX & Visual Design team working with Fortune-tier enterprises, including Intel, AT&T, and Samsung, on product management and end-to-end product design services.
Mentored and trained designers new to product design.
Conducted design thinking workshops to identify areas for product experiments and opportunities.
Worked on a team of product designers and engineers building software for Dell's emerging line of mobile devices.
Collaborated with hardware designers and external engineers to launch device-specific experiences centered around work and home life.
Designed and built wireframes, user flows, rapid prototypes, high-fidelity UIs, and production assets while coordinating with engineering for development, QA, and launch.
Provided design and art direction for Fortune-tier enterprises, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, startups, and creative agencies.
Founded a volunteer-run nonprofit organization that supports infants and their families through extended hospital stays.
Designed, built, and launched technology solutions and evidence-based wrap-around services for families.
Identified, analyzed, and developed close relationships with stakeholders in the unique field of hospital-focused medical charities.
Developed strategic brand partnerships in the baby and consumer goods spaces to facilitate in-kind donations and other collaborations.
Artistic Honors Scholarship (2003-07)