Head of Brand, Threads.com in Philadelphia
Sole product designer for the launch of the Threads mobile apps on iOS and Android.
· 2020 - 2021 · Rooms: free & unlimited video chat with friends and family by sharing a link
· 2017-2020 · Facebook Watch: Launched a social video experience & grew it to 1B MAU
· 2016-2017 · Facebook Video: Designed the future of social video experiences
· 2016 · Facebook Live: Launched the ability to go Live with a friend
· 2015 · Facebook Music: Invented a new way to share music on News Feed
· 2014 · Facebook Fundraisers: Invented the ability to donate to non profits on News Feed
· 2014 · Facebook Business & Ads Manager: Launched the initial set of advertising tools on Facebook
· 2014-2015 · Managed a team of 4 designers to redesign and launch Facebook Ads Manager, one of the primary tools that contribute to Facebook's overall advertising revenue.
Lead designer on almost every P'unk Avenue project between 2012 and 2014. Responsible for over 30 websites, 3 brand identity systems (including the P'unk Ave one), and 1 custom designed beer tap handle.
I started a very small agency in the Northern Liberties neighborhood of Philadelphia. Our client list has included the likes of Sony/BMG, Warner Brothers, A&E Television Networks, Ford Motor Company, and many others.
User Interface design for QVC's flagship iOS and Android mobile applications. Various XML-driven Flash projects for the homepage of QVC.com
Roots is a podcast about the stories of Filipino designers produced by Alexis Collado.
"Tim Quirino is a Product Designer on Facebook's News Feed & Stories. In over 6 years at the blue app, he helped launch Facebook Watch, Facebook Live, and Music Sharing. Not one to miss the opportunity for excellent wordplay, Tim lives by the ethos of Ray and Charles Eames. “The role of the designer is that of a very good, thoughtful host anticipating the needs of his guests.” He's also a Chef and Co-founder of Carb Your Enthusiasm, a pop-up dinner series based in San Francisco.
In this episode, we talk about Tim’s journey from Manila, New Jersey, and Philadelphia to San Francisco, how Tim evolved his career at Facebook, how he manages to spin so many plates at the same time, and so much more."
Invented a method for Facebook to display music that is playing throughout the app, even if you hit "Play" on an item in News Feed and scrolled away.
Invented a method by which an audience member in a Facebook Live broadcast could signal intent to join the broadcaster "on air" by recording themselves.
As a designer on Facebook Live With I was assigned to prototype and explore many ways for a broadcaster to view (and subsequently select) and audience participate that would join them in a split-screen Live video.
In late 2014, I joined a group of engineers at Facebook for a Hackathon. Inspired by the devastation from Typhoon Haiyan, we invented a novel way to crowdsource donations to the Red Cross (and other non-profit entities) from posting on News Feed.
In 2015, I designed the way links from Spotify and Apple Music turned into dynamic, animated, spinning discs that played music on the Facebook News Feed.