Designer in Manchester
I’m a designer who combines strong interface design, with a thorough process which validates ideas using research and insight to achieve business and customer goals.
Since 2012, I’ve been designing websites for all kinds of businesses. From startups to services millions of customers depend upon. Spanning agency, in-house and SaaS products.
I lead design for the consumer sales journey.
As part of my role I manage a team of 4 designers with different levels of experience. As a team we contribute to the overall company vision of providing an affordable service for all.
- Designing the digital voice addition to the consumer and agent journeys. This required care in execution and understanding of a complex product to ensure vulnerable customers get the correct service
- Redesigning the add-on experience. Helping make it clear to customers what's included and why you should buy
- Contributing to TalkTalk’s component library through design and documentation
- Mentoring a former graphic design staff member to get in to UX design. They ended up finding a job elsewhere with my guidance
fu3e. is a real estate software platform that allows property developers keep track of things like overheads, project progress and managing teams. I worked within an agile team to iterate on and create product features in response to business needs and improving the user interface with best practice UX.
- My work contributed to investment in the business
- Improved task completion times with a new iterative design for a core feature
- Contributed to a redesign of the app
As a UX designer it was my primary goal to help to deliver outstanding customer experience across all digital channels, along with other members of the UX team.
- Designed in-store app like experiences for Yours & Mine product launch
- Lead the design and build of key pages, which reduced friction for customers finding products
- Lead the design and build of the buying guide, which has helped customers find and understand products better
- Redesigned the checkout process to provide clarity on delivery times, choosing a delivery date and help the business increase sales through upsells
- Lead the redesign & build for the internal company website which involved multiple company departments
Working with clients in a variety of industries to deliver design within a budget. I wore a lot of hats as the first full time hire.
Projects ranged from lead generation and ecommerce using Wordpress & Woocommerce to custom builds for housing, ticketing and energy. Occasional branding and email too.
- Designed the brand and website for a dog food subscription service
- Design for English Lakes ice cream website
- Design and build of four websites for a law firm that allowed them to create pages flexibly
- Helping many small businesses improve their online presence
I would write regularly about design and code. This was from 2015–2018 but now it's much more intermittent.
Another article featured in Awwwards Elements about horizontal scrolling navigation.
An article I had written about kerning and tracking was featured in Awwwards elements.
My blog was featured in Best Website Gallery
My blog was featured in Siteinspire
An article I had written on CSS Shapes was featured in an issue of CSS Layout News.