Product Designer in Vancouver
Budding product designer with an open ear for compelling journeys and crazy ideas
Lets connect and take over the tech scene :)
Won first runners-up out of 200+ students in the BrainStation x Shopify Hackathon by working cross-collaboratively in a team of data scientists, web developers and product designers using planning and prioritization skills to develop an integrated marketing assistant that leverages merchant needs and goals with Figma and Illustrator within 24 hours.
Utilized user research, sketching, wireframing, testing and prototyping to independently develop an end-to-end collaboration experience for creative freelancers and their clients that focuses on flexibility, education and mutual accountability using Figma and InVision.
● Supervised a team of 10 managers and associates to ensure the smooth processing of new product releases in order to greatly increase sales margins by 15% compared to past years by demonstrating strong teamwork, collaboration and work ethic.
● Provided on-site training and mentoring to 10 current and incoming sales associates in leadership, task/time management and proactive risk taking by analyzing behaviours and providing empathy-driven feedback.
● Composed and refined over 5 company visual branding guidelines including logos, marketing collateral and trade show graphics using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator in preparation for the Saskatchewan GTEC Trade Show featuring over 150 companies.
● Collaborated and incorporated feedback from over 10 company clients and customer service representatives to build stylish and responsive websites using a human-centric design approach to Wix.
● Drafted and modeled over 100 units for multi-housing, and industrial projects using AutoCAD and Revit for projects located in Delta, Surrey and Coquitlam; set to begin construction in 2020.
Attended a 12 week intensive UX/UI Design Bootcamp that focuses on building product design skills through user research, information architecture, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, visual branding and development handoff.
Bachelor's of Environmental Design Honours
Acquired the Outstanding International Student award and scholarship during entrance into UBC.