Designer | Futurist, She / They
A planner with an aesthetic sense, I design for the future I want to exist. Interested in futures, AI, and building community.
I led a team of industrial and computational designers to develop “Blue Ceramics,” a modular system of ceramic tiles for restoring seagrass meadow ecosystems
- Designed illustrations, data visualizations, and presentation assets to convey key information in clear, easy to consume styles for both internal and external stakeholders
- Crafting a participatory design process between designers and scientists to design an ecological intervention
- Physical prototyping with ceramics using digital fabrication processes (3D printing, CNC)
I transitioned into a UX design role refining my skills in user-centered-design, qualitative user research, and interface design.
- Managed end-to-end product development at a rapidly scaling startup across 3 teams
- Conducted user research calls to identify key user pain points and communicated findings back for sensitive feature changes
- Collaborated with PMs to define multiple user scenarios and flows, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and interactive prototypes
I was brought on as the first visual designer and illustrator for the marketing site. As the company scaled, I refined my skills in systems thinking, UX, and data-driven design.
- Built a flexible marketing design system and component library
- Improve site functionality and usability through targeting key changes to the IA and UX
- Creating a modular illustration, icon, animation asset system
I apprenticed pottery under Kobayashi Michio, second-generation master potter, learning traditional Japanese pottery techniques
I was a mountain hermit & ESL teacher in rural Japan to the sweetest high school kids
As part of my MHCI capstone, we paired with the Data Visualization group at PNNL to design guidelines for misinformation mitigation.
- Synthesized research data to model the systems and relationships around human-AI collaboration such as AI trust, and social media engagement
- Established system of 6 interface guidelines and tools for design interventions to address misinformation spread through iterative prototyping and testing