Product Designer in Chicago, IL, he/him
I’m a full-stack Product Designer and systems thinker with over 10 years of experience designing and building product experiences.
• Create scalable frameworks and design strategies to set the vision for the end-to-end QR code payment experience across the PayPal app by synthesizing and applying strategic insights from customer feedback, UX research, usability testing, and product analytics.
• Design wireframes, user interface mockups, user flows, experience maps, and prototypes for intuitive, data-driven product experiences that result in successful business outcomes.
• Elevate the craft of the design team by modeling best practices and providing actionable, data-informed feedback to designers on their work.
• Mentor designers 1:1 to develop a broad UX toolset consisting of collaboration, prioritization, planning, and problem-solving skills to maximize impact in their work.
• Influence product strategy by developing strategic cross-functional relationships, generating buy-in with executive stakeholders, and communicating design rationale with a customer-focused lens.
• Increased collaboration and reduced process churn of my cross-functional team by ~20% by changing our working model from waterfall to rapid iteration.
• Launched an In-Flight QR code pay experience, expanding PayPal’s touch-free QR payments by collaborating with a cross-functional team from PayPal and United Airlines to design, prototype, test, and deliver the final customer experience.
• Increased visibility into merchant onboarding experiences across all PayPal processing products by facilitating working sessions with the various onboarding teams to create a single source of truth to articulate the E2E customer journey.
• Influenced processes across PayPal’s product management and UX organizations through company-wide shareouts, and smaller working sessions with designers, with support from the Senior Director of Merchant User Experience Design at PayPal. One example was a talk to a 300+ team on leveraging service blueprints in their design process.
• Received a spot award in recognition of the successful execution of the offline QR code feature.
• Plugged a high-risk data-security gap, costing an avg of 5-hours per week in manual processes, by working with sales and cross-functional teams to deliver an app experience for submitting sensitive customer data during the application process that met strict business requirements.
• Decreased project delivery time by up to 60% by working with engineering partners to unify the merchant application experience during onboarding across 5 operating regions worldwide.
• Decreased the time-to-live of large enterprise merchants by up to 10% by removing manual data collection of critical information and automating collection earlier in the application process.
• Led product design during a high growth period for the company, where I set a foundation for anticipated growth over the next five years by designing a modular UX for the researcher web app, introduced flywheel engagement experiences, and a 0 to 1 redesign and build-out of the participant mobile apps on iOS and Android.
• Launched new iOS and Android participant apps on time within a 6-month project schedule by working closely with engineering, and the company CEO, to plan and design a scalable, iterable app experience based on platform-standard UI, UX, and interaction patterns.
• Led a small, capable design team through a $15M Series B round of funding.
• Collaborated with the CEO, CTO, and CPO to develop user experience strategies for a 6-month to 1-year outlook.
Designed user flows, wireframes, user interface mockups, prototypes, and the overall strategic vision of features including documents, calendar appointments, and geolocation.
• Contributed to the overall visual design, user experience, and branding of the application.
• Introduced Quartz Composer into the design team’s standard tooling to create robust interactive prototypes.