Mark J Harvey
Product Design in Toronto, Ontario
I'm a Product Designer currently based in 🇨🇦 Toronto, Canada. I’m also a dual citizen, able to work and live in the 🇺🇸 United States (no sponsorship required).
I specialize in mobile design, user research, design systems, and high-fidelity prototyping.
• Advocated and socialized design system adoption by presenting the design system plan at Town Halls and other company-wide forums.
• Created and designed a unified design system foundation for the company that invented the smart thermostat and the parent company’s suite of products, resulting in a consistent look and feel across the product and user experience that also met accessibility standards.
• Led internal stakeholder research and workshops with engineering, design, and marketing teams to identify their design system needs and pain points, and deliver a tailored solution they could implement.
• Designed and delivered a solution to save the company over $600,000 in support costs over four months by improving the account deletion request user experience.
• Designed and delivered user experiences for a cryptocurrency exchange and marketplace for Canadians, optimized onboarding and retention, and drove engagement on the platform for trading digital assets.
• Stayed up-to-date with the latest design trends and UX principles, as well as deep knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry, to create innovative solutions for users.
• Worked across the company to meet Canadian compliance requirements ensuring a seamless user experience that adhered to regulatory standards.
• Led user research across the company to define and improve the company mission so teams could move forward together behind a unifying cause.
• A leading contributor to design systems that improved the user experience, design tooling experience, and developer experience.
• Led user research and design to implement and launch Wave’s first banking product.
• Created prototypes to test user comprehension to deliver roadmap items.
• Collaborated with product managers, engineering, customer support, data, risk, compliance, operations, and accounting associates for feedback on team goals and strategy.
• Collaborated with a ten to fifteen member design team to improve rituals and team practices.
• Participated in a mentorship program to teach product design and technical abilities.
• QuickTapSurvey is a survey and data collection software platform. I was responsible for the product design and direction for the mobile apps on iOS and Android on both phone and tablet.
• As product design owner I worked closely with the founder and engineering team to deliver design to production.
• Interviewed designers for marketing and engineers for front-end development.
• Delivered the first instance of the company’s iPhone and Android phone app to market in 2014.
• Winner of the 2015 Tabby/Mobby Award. QuickTapSurvey became the first Canadian company to win an • Android award for best phone app for in-the-field and data collection. It also managed to win best iPhone app for in-the-field and data collection.
A take on our mental health as a society and social medias impact
Exploring Google's Material Design framework, and finding a way to solve UI and design system pattern problems with it's guidelines.
I designed the QuickTapSurvey app that became the first Canadian company to win an Android award for best phone app for in-the-field and data collection. It also managed to win best iPhone app for in-the-field and data collection.