Looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer? Let's talk!
Laura is a Product Design leader with +10 years of experience collaborating with teams worldwide through storytelling, strategic creativity, and striving to inspire others to succeed.
She specializes in entertainment and fintech, partnering in the past with four fintechs in Latam, three NBA teams, and most recently focused on solving complex streaming problems as a Lead Designer at Reelgood.
Leading design strategy to democratize the digital financial solutions for people and businesses in Central America. Responsible for:
• Establishing and developing a human-centered design practice within the challenges and constraints of the Fintech industry
• Product reviewing for ongoing projects and establishing a long-term Design vision
• Cross-functional collaboration to widespread empathetic design culture
• Development and growth of Glue, the first Design System in El Salvador
Innovating and enriching the entertainment journey for the streaming age. Responsible for:
• Leading growth design of the onboarding and NUX (New User Experience) of the B2C product
• Directing the end-to-end UX Research process of critical projects to drive innovation of the top-of-funnel growth
• Strategy, planning, and execution of the Design System, socializing its impact and facilitating the learning process for designers, developers, and stakeholders
• Driving a more systematic and lean UXR practice to increase user empathy
• Spearheading the transformation of the Visual Language across mobile and web for B2C and B2B touch points of the brand
• Developing fundamental DesignOps practices to optimize the design process
• Established a distributed Product Design team from the ground up to work with US clients on web and mobile products in less than a year
• Led, coached, and developed 14 Junior to Senior Designers to build critical thinking, efficiency, and high-quality craftmanship
• Recruited, interviewed, and evaluated Junior to Senior Designers with a custom-made hiring framework designed for efficiency and transparency
• Built and directed a Product Design trainee program for entry-level candidates, graduating a total of 10 Junior Product Designers
• Increased design maturity at the company by mentoring designers on problem-solving skills, Product Thinking, and end-to-end iterative design process
• Directed strategy, execution, and design for 15 projects from end to end acting as the DRI
• Established the Design System practice as a core service to build Design Systems from scratch
Led end-to-end Product Design challenges for 5 different products that drive core operations in marketing and basketball operations for the Miami HEAT basketball team of the NBA.
• Led product discovery on high-stakes projects based on a strategic vision and tied to business goals
• Integrate complex workflows into streamlined systems of invoicing and statistics reports for coaches, scouts, executives, and internal staff
• Shaped the impact of design to influence product strategy, documentation, and cross-functional collaboration
• Optimized design processes to increase efficiency by 200%
• Redefined the role of a UX/UI Designer in the company by taking an end-to-end approach, from discovery facilitation to UX Strategy, and all the way to high-fidelity prototyping and documentation
• Pioneered the practice of new processes like Design Systems and Design Sprints, creating a highly profitable discovery process for dozens of clients
• Strengthen the collaboration between design, product, and development to optimize implementation time by up to 40%
Eight-week remote program for ambitious designers who want to hone their skills, increase their impact and grow as leaders.
This is the story of how I learned to become a leader by watching Tony Stark grow as a character over more than ten years
Growing is all about making calculated bets that take you out of your comfort zone that lead to better outcomes... even if the process is uncomfortable
Music and Product Design are more alike than I ever thought would be possible
Guest speaker to talk about Product Design on Looking Outward, an online short course for music students and recent alumni
The designer and developer workflow
Introduction to Atomic Design
Kicking-off projects, the Google way
Introduction to Design Systems