Product Designer in Colorado
Product designer. Using design, content, and code to tell interesting stories. Also taking photos sometimes.
• Leading design on a cross-functional team of working on UGC and growth-focused projects
• Key contributor to strategy around SEO and reviews growth
• Worked closely with sales team to develop and iterate on b2b-focused features and increase revenue
• Designed iOS and Android experiences and was featured in the App Store (2x)
• Content and social strategy grew platform to over 500k community members
• Contributor to front-end codebase
• Managed product strategy/development priorities on a lean, bootstrapped team, growing site visits to over 1M/month with a product team of 2 (myself + full stack engineer)
• Developed programmatic SEO strategy that increased organic visits by 60%
Making getting married simple, affordable, and stress-free.
- Increased global conversion rate by 23% — and over 50% on some key landing pages.
- Helped identify relevant KPIs and migrate company metrics to more accessible tracking with Metabase.
- Redesigned a quote form that resulted in a 53% conversion increase
A data driven approach to wedding planning process. Worked alongside the CEO on product strategy, as well as closely collaborating with the development and content teams.
- Led a full consumer-facing product redesign + Rails app re-write
- Established a new design system that removed significant redundant css and increased consistency across the site
- Between more efficient use of styles, modular components, and improved Rails controllers, we decreased page load times by 80%
I designed internal enterprise applications to help companies like Uber, Zillow, and more acquire high volumes (3k shoots/month) of custom video and photography, and manage the associated photographers/shoots/scheduling.
I was responsible for the UX and visual design of the web, iOS and Android applications for Bloodhound's event and lead management products. Worked closely with the CEO and Head of Engineering to map out product plans and strategy. Close collaboration with both front-end development and mobile development teams.
I worked on a range of interaction design projects. Projects included information architecture, brand strategy, userflows, responsive prototypes, visual/mobile design, or interaction specs. Clients included Royal Caribbean, Disney, Ironman, Cadillac, Amazon.
A newsletter focused on outdoors + travel deep dives, news, and more. Weekly-ish.
Gear you want, gear you need, and plenty of stuff you probably don't.
Experiments with AI generated landcapes
Outside Interactive dips its Chacos into the world of web3.
A startup for rental gear sounds like a great idea. Why does it never work?
How can we make the action of location sharing more intentional?