Digital Product Design in England
Hello, I'm Jack,
A UI-flavoured product designer that enjoys shaping tricky design challenges into thoughtful, detailed and supremely-crafted solutions.
My pragmatic approach is grounded by a sound technical awareness and guided by both business and user needs.
Showcasing an alphabet of botanical illustration, featuring plants known for their edible flowers.
A project in partnership with Charlotte Day, I contributed graphic design, copywriting and coding.
• Leading design across multiple B2B SaaS solutions as part of cross-functional team.
• Porting design system (and team) into Figma during initiative to refresh styles that focused on improving legibility and accessibility.
• Interviewing candidates and growing the design team.
• Applied user-centred design principles to complex data analysis tools, validated solutions with clients and stakeholders on journey from wireframe sketches to design of high-fidelity prototypes and developer handoff.
• Co-facilitated a variety of design sprints on-site with client teams in Europe & North America to successfully procure funding for further product development.
• Presented regular ‘lunch & learn’ sessions on topics such as groupthink, philosophy and permaculture, as well as leading a remote yoga session during lockdown.
• Product discovery for startup building a video biography and family history app.
• Workshops with founders, following Lean methodology to discover their vision and define the opportunity, backed by evidence from research and user-testing.
• Brand exploration, UI design, Prototyping for A/B testing.
• Designed physical experiences for launch of a new series of fun, interactive exhibits that formed part of larger exhibitions exploring the future of energy.
• Mentored, line managed and oversaw work of junior designers on the team.
• Provided direction to freelancers working on AV, interactive and VR experiences.
• Conceptual design phase exploring premium-level customer support features for wealth management service catering to high-net-worth individuals.
• Helped with website redesign for private bank that focused on modern simplicity.
• Collaborated in small team of designers and developers to express the distinctive character of 6 art colleges and consolidate content into a modern, responsive site.
• Stakeholder management to align each of the colleges on a unified design direction.
• Partnered with Pentagram to adapt UAL brand guidelines into a digital context.
• Launched online banking onboarding features to lower customer support requests.
• Worked in team with UX specialists on full redesign of high street bank’s website.
• Interface design for award-winning microsite, which blended user-generated content into an animated, episodic narrative.
Helping manage ancient woodland while on a working holiday in the Lake District. Coppicing and creating coups to protect the structure of the woodland and increase biodiversity.
Surveying and maintaining several local nature reserves as part of the Great North Wood project.