Designs, builds software in Chralotte, NC
Designer, programmer, musician.
I build and experiment with new ideas that interact with the digital world. But not necessarily.
Started a small product that allows to capture and organize images with context.
In 2019 I lead the product design of a cloud-based loop synthesizer Output Arcade. It was a big revamp of browsing experience of the plugin, which lead to another significant change—using web tech in local music software.
I was fortunate to work along with Neil Hallimen and Daniel Lepik to bring an amazing granular FX plugin they designed into a digestable UI ready for programming.
A space to save, organize, and share inspiration via screenshots. Designed and built along with Denys Petrov from Ukraine and LA.
— Lead the design of a single Mythical account ecosystem to rule all the game platforms, connecting it with payments and game items inventory blockchain network;
— Supported 2 amazing designers on the team;
— Shaped the core principals of the design system of the Platform services;
— Worked with the software engineers on the code directly.
Together with Denys Petrov, we built a design tool that helps collect inspiration you see across the internet.
— Got 600 signups in the first week, 25 MAU in the first month, 10 paying subscribers;
— ≈90 days to design the idea and launch the first version;
— Learned that user acquisition is very tough!
I dropped out of college to found a design studio. In almost 9 years working as a freelance design studio owner, I learned:
• Acquiring clients is tougher than they say on the internet;
• Avoid clients that have multiple cooks in the kitchen, and if they do, appoint one;
• Lead business, design, and at times frontend and devops operations, while my partner fullstack developer handled frontend and backend for our clients;
• Primarily worked with small local businesses in CIS.
I lead product design of Output's flagship subscription-based product Arcade.
• 100,000 music producers use it each month. (2020)
• Built and lead the design system of Arcade;
• Lead the Arcade's discovery features strike team (about 10 people).
Working with Intelligia LLC, I lead design of one of Cisco's solution for bulk estimation of enterprise services.