Product Design + Design Systems in London
I'm Franco, an independent designer with 15+ years of experience in design, user experience and digital production. I lead and collaborate with teams to develop Design Systems, Websites, and Apps for global companies and brands, overseeing projects from inception to completion.
▪ Collaboratively participated in auditing, planning, and updating their component library in preparation for the rebrand launching by 2024.
▪ Maintained Figma Libraries by creating components and patterns and ensuring comprehensive documentation.
▪ Designed and executed proposals for component updates to align with the new brand guidelines and meet accessibility standards.
▪ Conducted an audit of the existing native apps ecosystem and sub-design systems, delivering findings and recommendations regarding file structure and governance for future development.
▪ Spearheaded the production team responsible for designing and building a Design System for Microsoft's product and campaign websites.
▪ Oversaw and actively contributed to the design of the initial stable version of the system, which included 62 core components, 5 themes, and 70 pre-designed design blocks.
▪ Innovated a theming solution using semantic tokens to enable Microsoft's brand teams to customise the components' appearance systematically to suit their specific requirements.
▪ Established a structured handoff format and prepared comprehensive technical documentation to facilitate a seamless and efficient development process.
▪ Provided training sessions for Microsoft's third-party agencies and collaborators, the immediate users of the design system.
▪ Collaborated closely with Microsoft's Development, Brand, and Business teams throughout the project engagement.
▪ Played a pivotal role in successfully building a multi-brand, multi-platform design system for Jio, one of the top three most valuable companies in India, by bridging the gap between design and development, ensuring the project was completed on time and within budget.
▪ Led the design system team and worked closely with the Creative and Development teams from both AKQA and Jio to meet brand, user experience, and business requirements.
▪ Created documentation, processes, and governance models aimed at democratizing design within Jio, empowering designers to make quicker decisions and accelerate product launches.
▪ Provided product design and production consultancy to teams responsible for crafting user experience patterns across various touchpoints, including native mobile and web platforms.
▪ Conducted a series of live training sessions for Jio designers, introducing them to the design system and equipping them with the skills to contribute to and effectively scale it.
▪ Partnered with Appnovation to spearhead a transformative digital initiative, overseeing the assessment and rebuild of Boehringer Ingelheim's global design system and component library.
▪ Successfully revamped the library setup in a 90-day timeline, delivering fully responsive and AA-accessible components with theming support.
▪ Led a team of designers and collaborated with over 80 design agencies and production partners to seamlessly integrate the new Component Library into their workflows, enabling the creation of more impactful and consistent user experiences.
▪ The new design system's rapid adoption played a pivotal role in advancing the client's digital transformation plan, emphasizing accessibility, usability, and collaborative principles to create a lasting impact for the organization and its users.
▪ Polenta is an unlimited subscription service for agencies and mid-sized companies to get bespoke illustrations for their projects and pitches on-demand and in record time.
▪ Co-Founder and Creative Director.
▪ Designed and built the Landing Page in Framer.
I joined Fantasy to build and deliver a Global Design System for one of the world's top 5 largest tech companies.
During my engagement with AKQA, I worked end-to-end on building the design system for Jio, one of India's biggest players.
Converting a SaaS web app concept into a scalable and ready-for-production component library in Figma.
I led the design and production for Boehringer Ingelheim's Global Design System.
Ideating and designing digital products for NatWest.
Product Design for Tesco Menu Helper Web App.
Design concepts for Scania Future Room.
Product design + Webflow build for an HR web internal tool for Santander UK.
UX/UI Design for three core new features on MyStrokeGuide, a platform dedicated to assisting stroke survivors in the UK.