Designer at Semafor, she/her
Visual designer at Semafor, a new global news company, with previous experience in product design at the New York Times. My current work focuses on the intersection of brand and digital design in media and news.
On the side, I enjoy learning languages, writing and listening to opinionated history podcasts.
• Design Lead for Semafor's live journalism events, overseeing the visual design and production of collateral across various formats, from print to digital and web-based materials.
• Contributing to the evolution of Semafor's brand design, ensuring a consistent visual language across diverse mediums. Played a pivotal role in creating Semafor's first brand guidelines.
• Wearing multiple hats by developing storytelling formats and data visualizations, creating UX/UI prototypes, producing illustrations and crafting high-level fewsheeters and slide decks.
• Collaborating closely with the newsroom, product, and revenue teams, actively engaging in design discourse and contributing to the ongoing development of Semafor's design culture.
• Designed and shipped a high-fidelity interaction prototype for a filter system on the New York Times homepage. Afterward, it was A/B tested, refined and implemented.
• Worked with members of the Home team to optimize the Design System of the NYT homepage by implementing a new organizational structure for Figma components, improving efficiency and seamlessness for designers across multiple teams.
• Led a small team consisting of designers, engineers and data scientists in the exploration of an uplifting news section for the homepage, presented to an audience of 70+ NYT employees during Maker Week.
Best in UX/UI Category
Trove is a mobile app that promotes linguistic diversity and helps people learn endangered languages and reconnect with their cultural heritage. This initiative has received the MICA Leadership Award for Design For Change, the AIGA Flux Design Award and the GDUSA American Graphic Design Award.
As a selected member of the 2022 Designer Cohort I collaborated with other faculty, student and campus staff leaders across the US to design accessible voting resources to students based on their major, as well as useful information for international students.
Awards: MICA Leadership Award - Design For Change
Graduated with Honors