Product Designer in SF Bay Area, He/Him/His
Craig has led design teams at several of the world’s most recognized consumer and enterprise companies. He is currently Principal Design Architect at Stash. Prior to Stash, he was Senior Director of the Google Maps UX team responsible for transit and driving experiences and envisioning the future of connected cars and semi-autonomous driving. As Chief Design Architect at Salesforce he led the team that established a new design language and system for the Salesforce platform - Lightning Experience.
We help companies deliver measurably-better product experiences that customers love.
Design scalable, useful, and simple experiences across the Stash product experience. Improve experiences that limit customer and business success by clearly defining the experience problem(s) to solve, how to measure success, and articulating proposed approach to the solution. Work closely with executives and product teams as they develop specific solutions to ensure more seamless experiences that scale across the Stash product. Provide mentorship and design critique to the Product Design team to develop the team's skills and up-level the work.
Google Maps - Transportation & Auto. Responsible for a global design team, leading Google Maps mobile experiences for Driving, Multi-Modal Transportation, Apple CarPlay, Android Projected, and Google Maps embedded automotive experiences in OEM vehicles powered by Android Auto. Manage a design team of dozens across 3 continents. Drive forward-looking projects by engaging with agency and in-house teams to envision the future of driving. Work with engineering and product colleagues to define product roadmaps.
Mature and grow the product experience and design team and the product development process as AppDynamics transitioned from scrappy startup to an organization preparing for IPO or acquisition.
- grew team 4x
- establisher user research discipline
- introduced the feature brief to ensure all features begin with a clear understanding of who we build for, what problem we solve for our users and how we measure success
- introduced cross-disciplinary workshops to explore new product opportunities and product improvements
- developed "north star" concepts to drive product toward better information architecture and task-oriented user experiences
- AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco in 2017
Transform Salesforce's user experience. Establish the processes, artifacts, tools and culture to create a cohesive, customizable and scalable product experience across Salesforce's suite of CRM applications, its platform and its ecosystem.
- Led the design of Salesforce Lightning, the most substantial product redesign in the company's history
- Introduced the Salesforce Design Principles - Clarity, Efficiency, Consistency, Beauty - to align product design and drive decision-making
- Introduced the Lightning Design System, a living style guide that ensures Salesforce can deliver quality design at scale
- Established the UX Engineering team who are responsible for delivering the Lightning Design System, interactive prototypes and other front-end engineering assets that ensure optimal communication between UX and engineering
- Closely collaborate with executive team on product planning, product reviews and strategy off-sites
- Address product design challenges that span Clouds (business units) by working with cross-disciplinary, cross-BU leaders and individual contributors to create win-win solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to members of the UX team