co-founder in Paris
Front-end developer | @specifyapp co-founder | @designtokens editor.
I also like ambient music and a nice côte de boeuf bien persillée.
How Pitch uses Specify to sync icons from design to code
- Louis Chenais, Co-Founder & Chief Evangelist @ Specify
- Roy van Rooijen, Senior Product Designer @ Pitch
Design Tokens Rountable with our Design Tokens Experts:
- Esther Cheran: Co-creator of Figma Tokens • Chief product @ start-up in stealth-mode
- Adekunle Oduye: UX Engineering • Coach • International Speaker • Editor of Design Tokens Community Group • Co-host @CodeandPixelsFM
- James Nash: J.P. Morgan • Editor of Design Tokens Community Group
- Louis Chenais: Co-Founder & Chief Evangelist @ Specify • Editor of Design Tokens Community Group
Have you thought about being able to have a complete design/development workflow through Design Tokens? Do you struggle with connecting all the tools with each other?
In this live stream Joren will walk us through being able to modify the design tokens in a design system directly through Figma with the use of Specify and Backlight.
Live Panel discussing Design Tokens at Into Design Systems Conference, Sept 2021
❤️ Our amazing panelists:
- Kelly Harrop: UX Engineering Lead, Intuit Design System
- Donna Vitan: Design Lead, TELUS Digital
- Louis Chenais: Co-Founder & Chief-Evangelist @ Specify
- James Nash: Design System Community & Support Manager, J.P. Morgan
How will tools for design systems look in the future? Louis Chenais, co-founder at Specify is working with his team exactly on that. His vision is to allow large scale organizations to have total control over their branding with minimal possible friction through a design API. And without replacing tools like Figma.
Louis is passionate about design systems. He co-founded Specify to help organisations manage their branding at scale. He's also an editor for the W3C Design Tokens Community Group working on a standardization for design tokens. He will describe the concept of a design API. Explain why it is the evolution of a design system. Finish with a demo of Specify.
Dans ce premier meetup online, Louis Chenais, Co-fondateur de Specify et Développeur Front-End, nous parle du sujet des Design tokens, de leur définition juqu'à une démonstration d'une Design API.
En quoi les design tokens sont-ils essentiels à tous Design System ?
This guide is for everyone willing to improve their knowledge on design systems, design tokens, and Design APIs.
Through the lens of a Design API, this guide will help you use Specify and scale your branding with ease.
What you'll learn:
- How to collect your design data from tools you use daily
- How to store your design data to make it available to everyone within your design system
- How to distribute and translate your design data to each platform's requirements
Learn about what design tokens are and how they can help you scale your branding with confidence.
What are design tokens? What role do they play in a design system? How can you use them ?
Design systems exist for their business value: to help organizations reach brand consistency across many platforms like the web, Android, or iOS. Design APIs strive to connect the consumers and the contributors of a design system through the tools they use on a daily basis.