DesignOps @Figma 🏳️⚧️ in Brooklyn, NY, they/them
Facilitated three livestreams for Figma's partnership with DOA, covering topics such as:
- The case for DesignOps–how to identify when you need it
- The first 90 days as head of DesignOps
- Scaling from a DesignOps team of 1 to a team of many
These talks features a variety of guest speakers and experts on each topic.
Starting in 2014, I became an active alumnus of RIT and participate in various speaking engagements yearly.
Featured lecturer at RIT's TAW student design conference.
My ongoing newsletter, Exclamation Points, where I write about design, community, joy, access, inclusion and other radical imaginings.
- Led product design for 2020 and 2021 Wrapped mobile data stories experiences.
- Led product design for the 2021 Only You campaign data stories.
- Sourced and mentored associate and mid-level, internal design embeds who gained valuable experience working on Spotify's biggest global campaigns.
- Collaborated with internal accessibility teams and partners at Fable in order to make Wrapped a more accessible experience year after year.
- Led "Warm Up Wednesdays" at the mission level – bringing joy to team dynamics while helping designers grow their skills, particularly in Figma.
- Worked within Spotify's Editorial Board, helping source ideas for the spotify.design blog, and enabling designers to share their stories.
- Participated in the Screen Share working group and pitched Screen Share Day – a successful day that brought hundreds of designers together.
Designed experiences centered on growing communities and experiences for Kickstarter backers.
Managed a direct report.
Pitched and led the Kickstarter Design Systems working group.
Spotify's 2020 Wrapped experience under the category of "Apps and Software – Integrated Mobile Experience"
Spotify's 2020 Wrapped was awarded the Bronze In-House Award for Direct Marketing in Product.
Chosen as the "style" recipient for the annual SSCG award, where four employees are chosen who represent each of the company's core values.
Selected to do a series of illustrations for the Netflix original series, "Love" which were used in various social media promotions.
WAVE is a mentorship program that is designed to support women and non-binary students as they take the first step into their careers.
- Let’s Swap was an afternoon of zine workshops, skill sharing, and creative play that was free and open to the public, hosted at Kickstarter HQ.
- After a successful program, Let's Swap was brought to the Basilica Soundscape music festival as an installation of an interactive zine library and creative space in the Back Gallery.
In 2019, I began learning the art of tattooing. Presently, I tattoo out of my home studio and am licensed in New York City.