Designer in Bangalore, he/him
Product designer with an appetite for complexity. Founder of Ragya (a streaming service for Hindustani classical music). Musician on slow burn.
I have incepted and grown Ragya to 1mn+ listeners. I conduct research, design, prototyping and agile development, and, design thinking to shape futures of a unique community platform.
At GoodWorker, I designed the UX for the mobile app for blue collar workers as well as the frontend for employers. Formal design system for the ecosystem of GW apps. I also conceptualised 'Live Rooms' - an epic feature that would facilitate conducting online walk-in interviews, a primary form of interviewing blue collar workers.
• I re-architected the app theming for BRYTER’s no code application designer.
• Designed ‘Quick Check’ - an inspection tool for aiding BRYTER no code app designer
• Redesigned (and re-branded) 'Brand Center' - a console for managing BRYTER app
• Other design projects and interventions across verticals within BRYTER ecosystem
• Research & contextual inquiry with PMs to gather insights in the DevOps domainÍ
• Conceptualised the architecture and end-to-end design of the product suite of CALM.io comprising of application designer and deployment console
• Patent • Application Curation 10942836
A method to design a cloud application of any complexity spread across multiple cloud providers
• Founded and successfully run my design company FOLO for 5+ years, serving clients with design for UI/UX, information & data visualisation and branding & identities
• Worked with clients such as Freecharge, BillDesk, USAID, TISS, World Bank, LowfundWala, Purpose, MakerFest, CPR, Toshniwal, HBCSE, Akosha, etc
• Rich exp. working on many aspects of PowerPoint and Word for Win7 mobile at
• Designed and wrote the full frontend production code for sunglass.io - the first-of-its-kind
platform for collaboration and running simulations on 3D content in-browse]
• Design of mobile and web apps and print for babajob.com - a platform aimed at improving
the lives of blue collar workers, in the pre-smartphone erH
• A range of interface and print projects for PaGaLGuY as the only designer
PARI hosts and combines video, still photo, audio and text archives of the rich rural India. I have, since 2016 been associated with PARI and have designed the website for PARI and all the concerned initiatives, as well as a host of print collateral.
I designed the COVID care application that the Delhi govt. developed as a service to their citizens during the outbreak of COVID.
I worked with Civis at 2 levels:
- Immediate needs of crafting communication for citizenry to get responses to Civis' calls to bills being introduced by different governments and machineries.
- Design of a data-model that will be able to suit the needs of addressing future Civis' needs and also plugging into other software pieces in the same domain.
I provided Nyaaya with a new UX direction based on a re-evaluation of the information architecture and an understanding of the key components of Nyaaya - namely the Laws' catalogue, the explainers and the apps that they're coming up with. Based on the understanding of the system, some nomenclature decisions were also made. Additionally, visual design inputs for the presentation of the content on the website.
Through CLIx, high school students will participate in engaging, interactive, hands-on learning experiences for the development of knowledge, skills and values, empowering them to be successful in the 21st century.
Designed the brand identity for MakerFest (India's largest maker gathering) visual communication and print collateral. This was done over a period of 4 months and the intervention ranged from designing the identity of MakerFest to an entire range of collateral for the 3-day event and general distribution among the 10,000 visitors and makers.
Researching, ideating & designing a range of collaterals for the School Dropout Prevention Programme, being run in the Samastipur district in Bihar.
Urban poverty in India is high, not because there are no jobs, but because informal workers lack connections to better jobs. Babajob.com expands the reach of employers and job seekers, mimicking the social networks through which Indians customarily find and fill jobs. Job seekers register via mobile phone, providing information such as preferred salary, location, languages, and skills, and receive daily SMS alerts about jobs in their neighborhood. Their profiles are added to the Babajob web site, and, for a fee, employers can filter candidates and post jobs.
In 2020 during the riots in Delhi, I put together a team of volunteers to aggregate and illustrate the violence erupting in different parts of Delhi, in the form of video and other evidence.
NetaFilter is an interactive map-based visualisation of the educational qualifications and criminal cases against MPs of Indian parliament. The data is sourced fro ADR (Association for Democratic Reforms).
Specialisation: Information & Interface Design